Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Procrastination Station

How can you tell that you're genuinely busy?

-Google reader tally has now reached the point of only showing 1000+

-The only pictures I have taken in the past 2 months have been the 24 that I took at Coachella on my point and shoot and the 6 of the cactus blooming in our yard with my cell phone and those were taken strictly because I knew that if I didn't I would literally cry real tears.

-I make dinner almost every single night and not a single one has been documented. Except for this.

IMG_0395

But that's just because K received the pepper rack for his birthday and we totally needed to document it's usage. Which on a side note, if you like jalapeno poppers, go to the store immediately and buy this bad boy. The little tool that comes along with it to core the inside of the peppers is bloody brilliant!

-The last thing you want to do when you get home is even look at a computer, ipad, smart phone or the pile of laundry that has been mounting and possibly growing arms in the corner of the bedroom.

-The work out regiment has fallen sadly to the wayside. And if you'll refer back to point number 3 this does not bode well for the waistline.

-Anything even remotely related to popular culture has gone abundantly by the wayside, so much so that when pop culture references are made on SNL it goes completely over my head. This is embarrassing.

-Sewing and craft projects are now stacked 2 and 3 high in my closet and currently encroaching upon my shoe space. What are my priorities. Seriously!

How can you tell that you're honestly not that busy but just claim to be?

-You are able to attend a 3 day music festival with your boyfriend and not think about anything else except the fabulous bands and friends who surround you for said 3 days.

-You can spend an entire Sunday at the beach and think about nothing else other than how low your drink is getting and if you've put enough sunscreen on. (Drink: Patron Silver, Squirt soda and a twist of fresh lime. Get on the bus. It's the way to go) and there was definitely not enough sunscreen applied if you were wondering.

-You can make a nice little dinner every single night. And maybe sneak in a chocolate cake roll and batch of cookies too.

-You're still able to go on a run with your man friend every couple of nights and you get to spot this guy along the way!

-You are able to almost finish the first season of Mad Men. (Please refer to point #6 of the first list above. That will explain why we're only on the first season of a series that ended almost a year ago.

-You have no one else to take care of other than yourself (and one little silver cat). Unless you have a child, large farm animals, or an adult human who depend completely upon you for their survival you have absolutely not excuse to ever say you're too busy for anything. (guilty)


This all being said I apologize to anyone who has not received a call or an email as of late.
I probably miss you more than you realize and I think about you a lot and will now try to rectify my horrible faux pas.

Also, more documented cooking/baking and finished projects to be posted.

If not, I hold you, dear reader, solely responsible for keeping me honest.

1 comment:

  1. It sounds like you are really enjoying your life right now and for this I am truly happy and grateful. It makes missing you a tad easier.
    Love you-
    momma

    ReplyDelete